Donna- Marie came in the other day, really to talk about Learner Support with me but I got side tracked- unusual!
She asked if I would be able to, can't even think of the word, but elucidate will do, my Why for Play Based Learning.
She helped me realise that I have read a lot and have lots of ideas floating but I haven't tried to pull them all together in a clear, logical fashion.
I do know that I am more in agreement with the idea of child directed free play than more teacher directed set ups and provocations. I am also trying to work out how we can be more involved with outside play and nature.
Next steps:
Sit down with my readings and brain storm my Why?
Brain storm more Hows.
Attend Nathan Mikaere- Wallace's next talk in Nelson- April 10?
Current sources are:
Longworth Education
Tara O'Neill and Learning through Play face book page
Leslee Allen and Number Agents face book page
Nathan Mikaere -Wallis, Brain Wave Trust
Standard 4 - Learning Focused Culture
- Discussing my practice with colleagues and being open to new ideas.
- Promotion of positive and appropriate relationships with and between Äkonga.

Sounds like another learning curve. How can I help besides the Nathan Mikaere- Wallis course? Is this a Teacher process to have every one on board so we understand and can support you?
ReplyDelete