10 May 2019

TBCS - Maths Buddy - Judy-Anne

I’m not quite sure what made me think of it but I have been thinking of ways to use more technology in the class again. Craig is often talking about how well his children are progressing on Maths Buddy and I finally realised that we didn’t need to have licenses for everybody in the class!
We have started using year groups, watching the videos and answering the questions together. They have generally been pleased about how easy they were finding the questions. Rounding to the nearest hundred was tricky for the year 3’s though.

Reflection:
One of the advantages is that the videos are playing out loud so everybody can hear every lesson, they can choose to join different lessons if they like and I can also require children to watch a different level video, particularly if they found their level difficult. Some of them will be able to move up to the next level quickly.


Next Steps:
. Set some extra practice for rounding to the nearest hundred for the year 3’s, except luca who was very confident.

Standard 6 Teaching

Use an increasing repertoire of teaching strategies, approaches, learning activities, technologies and assessment for learning strategies and modify these in response to the needs of individuals and groups of learners.

Teach in ways which enable learners to learn from one another, to collaborate, to self-regulate, and to develop agency over their learning.

  • Monitoring of ākonga learning during the implementation of a programme of learning, so that the programme can be adapted where needed to better achieve desired outcomes for ākonga.

3 comments:

  1. Judy-Anne, if you want to you can actually set tasks that are specific, i.e. only some lessons, this means you can direct the learning / exposure to what you want and no Rounding to the nearest hundred for the year 3’s though. Chat if I can help

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good way of doing MathsBuddy with this year level Judy-Anne as I discovered on Wednesday. You can see clearly who has it and who needs more work in a particular area. Good way to guide them through it. Do you get them to write their answers also? May have to come and see you in action so I can put this into practice when Im in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven’t got them to write anything yet Margaret although I am starting to look for activities on See saw to follow up on areas they are finding tricky. Eventually I hope to make my own activities too - just need to follow some hints to make them a bit more interesting looking.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.