16 October 2018

Margaret Term 3 Asttle writing moderation

scoringrubricpager


https://e-asttle.tki.org.nz/Teacher-resources/Marking-resources-for-e-asTTle-writing#Marking

Writing Moderation
Room 4 had their testing last term which included an asttle writing recount.  As I hadn't marked these before Steve showed me the rubrics and the exemplars to follow.  I marked a few before sitting down with Steve for moderating to check we were on the same page.   It was very helpful to have this guidance and going over areas in more detail that I was unsure about and was able to continue the marking.  The tests showed up so far areas that need working on for the rest of the year including expanding on ideas, especially becoming more complex/global, expanding vocabulary and adding interest with personal reflections, adjectives etc.

This could be achieved with some shared writing and rewriting/improving parts of their recount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.