7 February 2018

Reflection - Steve - Troubleshooting

What did I learn today?
Blogger is best used for our appraisal process, as we can use the labels to guide the teachers criteria.
This is a shared reflective space that can be used across the whole staff.
Calendar- tasks will be more effective than my current use of the notes.
Google suite access for the students by class.
Once we understand how to reflect (which we tend to do almost subconsciously with our students) we can make it a more formal approach to teach it.

So What?
I have a way forward to start the development of our appraisal system. The tag options will mean that it covers more than just reflection.
Still so much to do, one day at a time.
I am stuck on keeping my head above the water, wanting it done yesterday so it is more effective.

Next Steps
Practise and play.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps when you and I meet next we can explore setting up an eportfolio for you? I think this would be a good way to start the journey.

    The comment '... tend to do almost subconsciously...' interests me... I have heard educators say things like '... I am constantly reflecting...' but not actually recording anything. The need to provide evidence of learning (ie. professional learning) for attestation and future employement/etc. is possibly a good reason, but the BEST reason in my view is that it deepens the learning for the individual. Plus if this is shared, it then becomes 'our' learning rather than just 'your' learning if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.