Rob has asked us to look over our blogs related to our PLD and reflect on what we have implemented and what changed in our classroom or in ourselves.
Without looking I know that one change we had in the classroom was ensuring that children were showing their work on the big screen as often as possible. (This let others see what they were doing so they could get help if necesssary or they could help others by showing what they were currently doing.) Once the screens were changed we had considerable difficulty getting things onto the screen so this stopped. I hope we have casting to the new screen under control a bit more so we can restart this practice.
I think I have a better understanding of my strengths as well as the strengths of others on our team and therefore how best to work with our strengths, as well as understand our weaknesses a bit more. Mel is always a great sounding board for me so I can check in with her to see if I am on the right track.
Right- to the blog.
About now I am wishing that I had a different strength set and hadn't written so many blog posts! Or at least that I had labelled them differently so the connection to PLD with Rob would have been more obvious.
Found one on Strength Finders- "For me it is the knowledge acquisition and the process rather than the end product which is important."
strengths finders
Obviously this can be a bit of a problem when others want the end product!
Talking with Rob at the end of last year helped me realise that I haven't necessarily been acting as an official part of the management team, and I need to look at how I develop both myself and others in the team in a better way. Without pushing beyond our collective capacity we do need to do more research on effective teaching and keeping updated with nationwide initiatives eg digital technologies curriculum. In trying not to overwhelm our new staff members there is too much we haven't actually showed them of our current resources for instance.
I have always tried to look after the wellbeing of our staff, but hopefully now I am actually able to look after their wellbeing in a way that is effective for them, rather than just doing what would be effective for me.
I see I looked into learner/student agency quite a bit when we started this whole process. I always felt that my children get a good chance to have theri say in the classroom. We do lots of voting and have begun our Learning Through Play journey so there is lots of free choice for them.
I need to ensure I keep our school work about learner agency in my planning folder and / or on the wall so I actually refer to it!

Undertaking PLD and further professional reading.

- Appropriate and professional communication with colleagues,
- Establishing collegial relations by participating with colleagues in staff activities, and taking an interest in what others are doing through positive professional interactions.
- Participating fully in school/syndicate/faculty/department meetings and be an active member of the team. Share ideas with others.
- Participation in professional development (PLD), both in school and through outside agencies. Working with colleagues to enact the new learning.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.