- Following a number of Facebook pages including, but not limited to: NZ Teachers (Primary),NZ Primary Science Teachers, Happy Healthy Teachers Matter, PrimaryArt Ideas, STEM / STEAM NZ, World Nursery Rhyme Week Planning Group, Urges, Loose Parts, Play and Exchange NZ, Learning Through Play, The Literacy Leaders, Seesaw Teachers ( at least 3 different pages), NZ Teachers- NE to Year 2, Daily 5, Literacy Cafe Ideas, Mrs Priestley ICT, Primary Writing Ideas, Twinkl Australia, Accelerated Learning in Literacy (ALL) Support
- Mentors course, with mentees as well
- BOT trainings
- NZEALS - travelling scholar - Relational Leadership, August
- NZ Christian Schools Conference - July
- First Aid
- Art PD run by Office Max Tuesday June /July?
- Nathan Mikaere Wallis webinar - September 4
- Seesaw ambassador training
- I was booked in for a Feuerstein course which didn’t go ahead due to lack of numbers. I will be going when it is offered again.
- Our school blog as other staff attend different courses. We discuss things frequently as well of course.
- Bible Study Group - Mel started one with a group of friends, including from school. We have completed a Priscilla Shirer study on Gideon, one called Faithful, Abundant and True by Kay Arthur, Priscilla Shirer and Beth Moore and are about to begin our third. Steve has helped purchase our study books and helped support our weekend retreat.
Having done some work with Rob around Strength Finders we all know that one of the things I need to do is learn. Steve knows I love to learn new things and is encouraging of this, including passing on ideas of courses and trainings he thinks I might be interested in.
Barriers to this training tend to be timing and finances. Sometimes the courses are on at a time that makes it very difficult to attend and some courses are incredibly expensive, particularly if they include reliever and travel costs.
On my wish list if these were not a factor would be the Longworth Education courses, particularly around Learning Through Play, and also Walker Education courses.
Other chances to grow as a professional in the education industry have also included the opportunity to run the end of year prize giving and leavers ceremony in 2017 and our recent parent consultation around our Mission, Vision and Values.
Reflection:
I was not happy to be having to complete yet another piece of paperwork as a box ticking exercise. However it has served as a bit of a wake up call to just how many people and pages I am following. While some don’t post often it may be worth changing some of my settings. It has also served as a reminder of some trainings that I started but have yet to complete for various reasons.
Next steps:
- Update my cv with this info, remember to include my top strengths
- Complete the last little bit of the seesaw ambassador training - I think it just needs to be done on a different device to be able to access it properly
- Do some more Learning Architects trainings
- Put my Learning Through Play information together

- Undertaking PLD and further professional reading.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.