3 November 2018

TBCS - 2019 Planning - Judy-Anne





Following on from play centre training when my children were young and the readings, research and observations I have undertaken recently I know I want to focus on learning  through play. My question all year has been how to do that well in a single teacher classroom.

I have now discovered Number agents for maths - using drama and play for maths learning so will read that ASAP to get help with maths ideas.

We have discussed what to do about iPads in the class as they are due to be updated. We are debating whether to just have about 4 available for a group or maybe start the year without devices and then either earn the right to use one, have everyone start on devices in term 3 or leave devices until their second year at school.

Easy enough to use The Daily 5 for reading and writing.

Possible Big idea for 2019 could be related to The World, giving us the ability to study different cultures. Tonga would be a good start as Tim is Tongan, also Australia as Louise and Keith lived there and France as Sarah lived there. Lots of art opportunities there! Could also look at places where different stories in The Bible took place. Lots of options.

Having wandered down to the area where we planted natives when I first arrived at Tasbay I think we should do some weeding in there and then use the area. It would be a great place for huts and reading for instance. Eli loves reading so I can see him enjoying that. He has been enjoying the animal encyclopaedias I recently put back in the classroom. I wonder if he would like to look for bugs too - William certainly would.
Apparently Karaitiana doesn't-need to check with him on Monday if that is why he didn't help weed, he didn't want to feed the eels either.

Start PMP term 1. It has been suggested that we purchase a container, insulate and power it and make it our library. Hopefully we can use the library for PMP next year.

Wonderings?

How does the idea of less devices or starting with devices later fit with the work we have been doing with Rob and Learning Architects?

How do I set up enough provocations or react to children’s interests in a timely fashion without burning myself out completely?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.