27 June 2018

Margaret - Using Shared Document on Google Drive


As a class we tried  working together on a shared doc where the students had to watch a video and make comments on the pros and cons.  The task was set up on the class screen so I could see everyone who was working on it.  It was quite interesting to see them work out where they could type when someone else was there and they soon realised they could add comments to their classmates work.  It was great to see them adding positive comments to each others work as they read through and I felt this really helped those struggling writers or those who are always asking what to do as it was being modelled right there in front of them.  I could also add my comments and corrections for students to fix when they told me they were done.  This was done in real time so feedback was immediate.  I felt this worked really well especially with the students adding such positive comments which led to quite a positive atmosphere.
Next steps :  Find out how to freeze parts of a shared doc such as instructions so students cant change anything
Continue to discuss expected behaviours (not messing with other peoples work, encouraging comments only) when working collaboratively in this way ( the same as any other situation) and have these displayed around the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.